cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3736members
1219posts

Giving back with our fa-BOO-lous customers!

Nina_Andres
Community Manager
Community Manager

It’s OFFICIALLY Halloween season and Invoca is SCARY EXCITED about celebrating with our fa-BOO-lous customers! 

Spirit of Children is a non-profit that provides costumes and throws Halloween parties for children who are too sick to leave the hospital.

We will donate $30 in your name to this incredible organization; all you need to do is respond in the thread with an Autumn or Halloween-themed photo or recipe! Have you carved a pumpkin lately? Maybe you have some spooky decorations up, or perhaps you have a favorite fall recipe you're dying to share... or a killer costume. We want to see! 🍂👻

SOCBlogImage1016.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

Definitely giving this a try when the weather turns cold and rainy in Seattle! Thanks @RenzClark

amandasloan
Contributor Level 2

We had a Halloween night dress rehearsal at the Taylor Swift movie!  Taylor Swift & Travis Kelce will be making some headlines trick-or-treating in our neighborhood this year 🙂

20231014_180704.jpg

This wins the internet @amandasloan !! How adorable are they?!?! As a fellow swiftie, I approve!

tynerwilliams
Contributor Level 2

I love when the weather gets chilly & the leaves start to change cause it signals the beginning of SOUP SEASON. 

My go to recipe: Butternut Squash Soup with Parmesan and Homemade Croutons.

For Soup:

• 4 cups Vegetable or Chicken Broth
  • 12oz (medium) Butternut Squash; peeled & cut into cubes
  • 1 Large Onion; cut into wedges
  • 1 Large Apple; peeled and sliced
  • 1/4 tps Ground Nutmeg
  • Crushed red pepper to your hearts desire
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Shredded Parmesan Cheese

Combine all ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4. Once done, blend with immersion blender.

For Croutons:

• 1/2 loaf of french bread; cubed
  • 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • Italian Seasoning
  • Salt & pepper

Toss bread and seasonings together. Spread out on baking sheet & cook at 375 Degrees for 8 minutes, or until browned.

Serve soup topped with croutons and shredded parmesan cheese. 

OH MY GOSH- You're totally speaking my language here! Love that you include nutmeg- deff trying this. Thanks so much for sharing, @tynerwilliams! 🍂 #SOUPSEASON