cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3753members
1221posts

Giving back with our fa-BOO-lous customers!

Nina_Andres
Community Manager
Community Manager

It’s OFFICIALLY Halloween season and Invoca is SCARY EXCITED about celebrating with our fa-BOO-lous customers! 

Spirit of Children is a non-profit that provides costumes and throws Halloween parties for children who are too sick to leave the hospital.

We will donate $30 in your name to this incredible organization; all you need to do is respond in the thread with an Autumn or Halloween-themed photo or recipe! Have you carved a pumpkin lately? Maybe you have some spooky decorations up, or perhaps you have a favorite fall recipe you're dying to share... or a killer costume. We want to see! 🍂👻

SOCBlogImage1016.jpg

21 REPLIES 21

Pumpkin + Chocolate! 🤤YUM!  I need to try this! Thanks so much for sharing, @martiecabo👻

And now I'm hungry!!! Thanks so much for sharing this delicious recipe. 

RenzClark
Contributor Level 3

In the spirit of the Carolinas... sharing the recipe for our Carolina Campfire Whiskey Hot Chocolate.

Ingredients:

- 1 cup of whole milk
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/2 cup of good-quality dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 2 oz. (60 ml) of your favorite whiskey (bourbon or rye works well)
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Whipped cream (for garnish)
- Mini marshmallows (for garnish)
- Chocolate shavings (for garnish)

Instructions:

1. In a small saucepan, combine the milk and heavy cream over medium-low heat. Heat the mixture until it's steaming but not boiling, stirring occasionally.

2. Once the milk mixture is steaming, reduce the heat to low, and add the dark chocolate. Stir constantly until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.

3. Add the granulated sugar, a pinch of salt, and the vanilla extract to the hot chocolate. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.

4. Remove the saucepan from heat and let it cool for a minute.

5. Stir in the whiskey. Adjust the amount of whiskey to your taste, adding more or less if desired.

6. Pour the Campfire Whiskey Hot Chocolate into your favorite Invoca mug.

7. Top with a generous dollop (I love this word) of whipped cream.

8. Add mini marshmallows on top of the whipped cream.

9. For an extra touch, garnish with chocolate shavings or a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

10. Grab a cozy blanket, sit by the campfire with a good game or a scary movie, and enjoy your delicious, warming drink.

Stay warm and enjoy!

campfire.jpg

I do love a good BOO-zy hot chocolate. This sounds perfect for a chilly night. Thanks so much @RenzClark !

Ummm, YES PLEASE. 🤤 Nothing warms ya up like Whiskey! @RenzClark have you ever tried an espresso martini with whiskey instead of vodka?