Did you mean: 
3657members
1189posts

National Dog Day - Vanity Fur

Nina_Andres
Community Manager
Community Manager

🐶CALLING ALL DOG PARENTS! 🐶

August 26th is National Dog Day and Invoca is excited to release our 2nd annual VANITY FUR digital magazine!

In exchange for a photo of your precious pooch and a short bio (some of their favorite activities/foods/ways to be adorable), Invoca will donate $25 in your name to ASPCA, a non-profit that protects animals against violence and cruelty. You will also receive an Invoca Doggy Swag package in exchange for your contribution!

PLEASE REPLY to this thread with a picture and a short bio by Tuesday, Aug 23rd! We look forward to sharing on Invoca's social channels at the end of the month!

If you're looking to get inspired, check out 2021's VANITY FUR digital magazine with contributions from community users, @Regan_Sweeney@markdavidbecker@AnnArm@amandasloan@Bojibum, and @tPhillips!  

Vanity Fur '21 Edition 

Screen Shot 2022-08-01 at 11.25.25 AM.png

31 REPLIES 31

SRigdon
Contributor Level 1

Meet Rhea. She is a rescue and a totally joy. She loves playing outside, laying in the sun and chasing her cat sisters. She just turned 4. When she was a puppy I would rub her belly when I dried my hair so now when she hears a hair dryer she come running and expects her rubbing.

mwensyel
Contributor Level 1

Hi! My name is Violet and I am a 14 year old Bichon Poodle. I am a Florida girl at heart. I love running up and down the beach and paddle boarding with my mom (Don't worry she got me a life vest). I like wearing my bath robe after beach days and my sunglasses are my favorite accessory when I am outside. Sometimes my mom takes me to dog parks but I just sit on her lap while we are there, little does she know I don't need friends since I have her, but it's sweet she still tries. We also go to Marlins games sometimes which is pretty exciting. It's a good thing I don't get too excited about the ball like the other dogs. I can't wait to see what we do next! 

Image from iOS (8).jpgImage from iOS (9).jpgImage from iOS (10).jpg

Stacie_Balletto
Employee
Employee

Introducing The Griswold.  He is 15+ years old and has been the most amazing dog.  He has about a 100 different names, the Muppet, Grizzy, Grizzy von Grizonstine, the rug, etc.  There are times he is the most regal looking dog and others when he looks like a muppet straight out of Jim Henson's imagination.  Griswold is loveable, especially when you have food.  Ice cream, yes please.  His stubborn streak knows no bounds and I often find him about 1/2 mile down the road on walks when he really just doesn't want to go.  Lap dog from day one, he will take over your chair, bed, lap if you give him an inch.  But then again, who could say no to that face.  

kellyb
Employee
Employee

Meet Olive & Caper.  

Olive is a spaniel mix who loves  running on the beach,  charcuterie and plenty of beauty rest.  She gravitates towards lots of rubbies and the refrigerator.  When instigated by her coconspirator she can be found “excavating” the garden and chasing butterflies in the yard.   As typical with a Taurus, she can be stubborn as a mule, but always lets her unwavering loyalty shine through.   She is always by our side.  This girl is a real love.

Also answers to: Beans, Doop, #1 Baby Girl.

Zodiac: Taurus

Likes: Specifically stuffed hedgehogs.  Cheddar cheese. Warm blankets.  No less than 22 hours of sleep a day.

Dislikes: Fireworks. Vacuum cleaners. The morning alarm. Being told “No”.

Caper is a 1-year-old Australian Labradoodle that leads with her goofy side.  Don’t be complacent with socks or shoes around this girl, as she will happily relocate them for you.   Caper’s unique looks stem from a condition called color diluted alopecia, which makes her even more adorable.   If you look deep into her eyes, an old soul resides in there.  When she’s not melting you with her gaze, she’s practicing Parkour on furniture.  Every day is a better day when Caper is around!

Also answers to: Donkey, Mountain Goat

Zodiac: Cancer

Likes: Socks. Any shoe or toy with Velcro.  Deli meats.  Barking.  LOTS of barking.  Taking up 80% of my human’s bed.  Hang time at the Howliday Inn.

Dislikes: Car rides.  The word “quiet”.  Being ignored.  Amazon deliveries (see barking and the word quiet for more information)

C + OC + O

Manzanita BeachManzanita Beach

IMG_4828.jpg

IMG_3643.JPG

IMG_4754.jpeg

RenzClark
Contributor Level 3

Resized_20211216_170916.jpg

This is Remy. He is a Portuguese Waterdog and  whether it's the pool at home or the beach, you can always find him in some water.  He does many tricks from giving high fives and handshakes to cleaning up his toys. Next up... closing the door after a potty.  Dad needs a break.