cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3731members
1217posts

SIZZLE FOR A CAUSE! Invoca is celebrating National Grilling Month with our customers!

Nina_Andres
Community Manager
Community Manager

It’s that time of year again- Invoca is “chopping it like it’s hot” and excited to celebrate National Grilling Month with our customers! 

What’s your favorite recipe on the grill- or smoker? Do you have a go-to marinade? Respond in this  post with either a picture of one of your favorite grill creations, your favorite recipe, or both. 

In exchange for your participation, you will get entered to win a $200 gift card to either Omaha Steaks or BBQGuys (whichever you’d prefer) & we will automatically donate $25 in your name to Operation BBQ Relief, an organization that delivers BBQ meals in times of need, feeding first responders and communities affected by natural disasters. (Learn more here).

Not a huge griller?- Just wing it! Würst comes to würst, we’ll have the opportunity to make a donation on your behalf! Franks in advance! 

Screenshot 2023-06-29 at 7.51.35 AM.png

*Please note all submissions will be added to our celebration post on Linkedin at the end of July where you and your company will be tagged.  

*To submit, make sure you’re logged into the community through the question mark on the top right of the Invoca platform. 

28 REPLIES 28

she11271
Contributor Level 2

Grilled Stuffed Jalapeno

Ingredients
• 1 (8-ounce) package of cream cheese
• 6 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
• 1/2 lb finely chopped shrimp
• 2 tbs garlic powder
• 2 tbs onion powder
• 12 slices of bacon
• 12 toothpicks, soaked in water (Optional)
Directions
1. Preheat an outdoor grill to high heat and lightly oil the grate.
2. Spread cream cheese in each jalapeño half, finely chopped shrimp, garlic powder, onion powder; wrap with bacon. Secure with a toothpick if needed.
3. Cook on the preheated grill until bacon is crispy, turning often, about 10 minutes.

YUMMY. One of my absolute favorite dishes, @she11271! I haven't made them yet this year but this just inspired me to add to our grocery list. Have you ever used flavored cream cheese? 

she11271
Contributor Level 2

No, I haven't tried flavored. I might try it out this weekend. 

Ooooo! This sounds delicious @she11271! I haven't had these with shrimp before!

Hi there! I'm curious about the toothpick part. Why is soaking them in water recommended, @she11271?