Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
3706members
1198posts

Short calls – what is going on?

Bojibum
Contributor Level 3

They drive me crazy as a Marketer, as the longer the call the higher probability there is a sale involved. What do I look at if there are short calls?

I first look at what % of my calls are under 1:00 minute long. I use 1:00 as a measure for what can be said in that amount of time. If the % is under 5% of the total I am not as concerned. If it is above that then I start to look for clues:

• What time of day are they coming?
    • Is it after hours or is it during staffed hours? These two pieces of information allows me to drive more tactical solutions to get more calls answered and keep our customers happy. I also must look to see if we are getting bot traffic. If I am, did the campaigns get setup properly to remove some of that traffic or do I have to change out phone numbers. Also looking for patterns in the data Total duration is .04 seconds but Total connection time is Zero, then I know we have an issue we need to investigate.

• Do I have IVR in play and is that working properly?
    • Not having a IVR in play for consumers to have options is key. With many options in the setup of the campaigns, make sure you have tested out your IVR tree.

• Who hung up the phone?
    •  This is always a telltale sign if the consumer is hanging up or is our agents are hanging up. AI transcripts really help me then dig into the who/what of the conversation. I then start to look at signals and did the signal fire and if they didn’t, do I have the correct keywords in the signals.

All of the tools above help me quickly determine what going on with short calls which normally indicated missed opportunities.

1 REPLY 1

maria_ogneva
Community Manager
Community Manager

These are such great tips! Thank you for sharing; this will definitely help someone grappling with the same.